Monday, June 01, 2015

Dear Sweet Readers of this Blog

Dear Sweet Readers of this Blog,

You might be wondering where I've been.

Probably not, as I am never here, so why would you waste your time wondering.

Anyway, I have been at Tumblr!  I hope you don't feel betrayed.  In fact, I hope you will find it in your hearts to follow me there.  This is where I am: jaclynmoriarty.tumblr.com

At Tumblr, I'm writing a Thursday blog post called The Colours of Thursday.  What happens is, every Thursday I post a colourful picture and write something about it. 

Here's an example of the kind of colourful picture you might see on my Tumblr blog. 


See? Colourful.

Sometimes I might post a picture with a focus on a single colour.  Here is an example.




Green.

A wonderful thing about my Colours of Thursday blog post is that I have invited everybody else to post colourful pictures on Thursday as well.  Some people have been doing this and it makes me so happy.  I've been reposting my favourites on my blog.  It's brilliant because we get colours and stories from all over the world.  So, I hope that you will also consider posting colourful Thursday pictures sometimes.  It doesn't have to be every week.  It could be the weeks when you don't feel like doing a Throwback Thursday? 

A Tangle of Gold 

Meanwhile, the third book in the Colours of Madeleine trilogy is going to be released early in 2016.  It is going to be called A Tangle of Gold.   I hope you will read the first two books in time for the third. Please: don't hesitate to read them.

A Corner of White, the first book in the trilogy, won the NSW Premier's Literary Award (Ethel Turner Prize) and the Queensland Literary Award (Griffith University Prize), and was shortlisted for the Western Australian Premier's Book Awards. In the US, it was a Boston Globe-Horn Book Honor Book, a finalist for the Nebula Prize (Andre Norton Award), and was a Kirkus Best Book of the Year, a School Library Journal Best Book of the Year, a Horn Book Fanfare Book, and a Los Angeles Public Library Best Book of 2013. Paul Gagne of Scholastic Audio Books produced a superb audiobook of A Corner of White, filled with perfect performances, and it was chosen as one of Audiofile Magazine's YA Audio Books of the Year.

The Cracks in the Kingdom, the second book in the trilogy, also won the NSW Premier's Literary Award (Ethel Turner Prize) and the Queensland Literary Award (Griffith University Prize).  In addition, it won the Aurealis Award for Young Adult Fantasy.  It was shortlisted for the Victorian Premier's Literary Awards. 

Now I am going to go and walk across the Harbour Bridge 

Well, I am just back from Melbourne where I was participating in the Centre for Youth Literature, 'Reading Matters' conference.  It was fantastic!   I met many talented and delightful authors including Sean Williams, Sally Gardner, Laurie Halse Anderson, Sara Farizan, Will Kostakis, Abe Nouk, Priya Kuriyan, Amie Kaufman, Erin Gough, Clare Atkins, Tom Taylor, Clare Wright, Jared Thomas, Michael Pryor, Fiona Wood, Vikki Wakefield and Simmone Howell.  I got home last night, and I have just taken Charlie to school, and I have spoken on the phone with the carpenter who is going to fix the gaping hole in my bathroom ceiling, and now I am going to walk across the Harbour Bridge.

It's been great being back here at this blog.  One day I might come tumbling out of Tumblr and then I will return properly.   In the meantime, come to Tumblr and be colourful! 

I hope you are all over the moon with happiness at least some of the time.  Not all of the time: it would become exhausting and would lose its edge.  But some of the time.

Lots of love,
from
Jaclyn
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home