Monday, May 17, 2010

17. Road trip: the suitcases

A while back we played holiday each day, with the suitcases, the small suitcases with handles and wheels, pulling them along, and then dragging them up into imaginary helicopters, aeroplanes, ships, cars, spaceships, diggers and cranes, and then one day, it was a real holiday.
We were going on a road trip to the Western Plains Zoo.
I packed the small suitcases.
Charlie offered to pull them to the car, but finding them too heavy and awkward, even to get along the front hall, he decided we should leave them at home.
‘Take them back upstairs,’ he commanded. ‘We will go to my holiday without them.’
We brought them though. It took him a long time to forgive me for that.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Rose said...

I hope that, one day, in 10 or so years, Charlie reads this blog.

6:31 a.m.  
Blogger mick said...

Yeah, me too. Hopefully not to realise that he has *always* been imperious. V. funny.

1:01 p.m.  
Anonymous Whatzit Tooya said...

I don`t know what the FLAX you guys are talking about.

10:35 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home