Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Letter to Charlie #3

Dear Charlie,

In the mornings, when I come into your room, you are often sitting up in your cot with your thumb in your mouth, looking thoughtful. When you see me, you give me a dazzling smile, which is very kind of you.
And then, immediately, you say, “Ah!” and point to the window.
Next, you turn toward the book shelf and say “Ah!”
Finally, you declare, “Ah!” as you point to the chest of drawers.
So, my question is: why?
Is there something you need to communicate to me about the window, shelf and drawers? Do you need to be carried across to them? Do you want something passed to you from the window, shelf and drawers? Would you like me to remind you what they’re called?
Or are you simply surprised that they’re still there?

Much love,
Your Mum

2 Comments:

Blogger becca said...

perhaps you are right about the communication. sometimes i think my cat is trying to warn me of impending doom when she talks to me, which is often.

i read most of your blog awhile back because my friend emily introduced me to it ( she is usually the Original Introducer of the Good Books for me, so. ) only i was afraid to comment because you are a Published Author and therefore unnaproachable. probably you won't even read this comment, which would be silly because i have spent a good month going, maybe i will comment on her blog later, when i'm feeling cleverer.

anyhow.
thanks for the hilarity in the Year of Secret Assignments, as it has got me through some tough places emotionally.

love, becca

4:49 a.m.  
Blogger Jaclyn Moriarty said...

Becca, I'm so glad that Emily introduced you to my blog because that meant that, eventually, you left a comment. And I like your comment very much. And I did read it. You are very kind about the Year of Secret Assignments and, to be honest, it's an honour to me that it has helped you through some tough times. best wishes, Jaclyn

9:53 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home