Tuesday, May 29, 2007

The Lost Keys

I woke up and my housekeys were missing. Eventually, I found them in the front door of the house. That made me smile. Thinking of the sign down by the ferry wharf: ‘Thieves are operating in this area – do not hide your keys in obvious places.’ That made me laugh. Then I remembered the spider outside my study window. All this time I’d been keeping windows tightly shut to keep the spider out. And here I’d left the keys in the front door. The laughter froze in my throat.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have just read all your blogs in one go. I'm so, so sorry for your miscarriages, what a terrible thing to happen to you. It must have been so difficult, I can't even imagine! But you obviously finally got what you deserved- you have such a beautiful baby, and the way you write about him you are obviously absolutely besotted with him!
I love your books so much, "I Have a Bed Made of Buttermilk Pancakes" is one of my absolute favourites, it is so cleverly plotted! Every time I read it I notice something extra bit of cleverness about, for example, finding a sock in a washing machine. You really do have such a talent, please keep writing! And good luck with your baby, he really is gorgeous.
Lucy xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

8:55 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home